Tortoiseshell cat - Tortoiseshell Cats: The Divas of the Cat World

Emily has been a proofreader and editor at a variety of online media outlets over the past decade and has reviewed more than 200 articles for The Spruce Pets for factual accuracy.

She loves me but all affection is on her terms.

This cat is known for its beauty and uniqueness and the fact that its colors resemble those of tortoise.

She is 10 months…beautiful.

These patched tabbies are often called a tortie-tabby, a torbie or, with large white areas, a caliby.

Any opinions as to whether I should neuter him anyway? What is a tortoiseshell cat? At any time, you can update your settings through the "EU Privacy" link at the bottom of any page.

Tortoiseshell cats are a whole lot like people in a lot of ways.

With two X chromosomes, females can have both orange and black coloring in their fur and males can only be either or, but not both colors needed for the tortoiseshell fur.

People who have already had the pleasure of sharing a home with a tortoiseshell cat, or two, love their tendency to have both independent and loyal streaks.

10 Fascinating Facts About Tortoiseshell Cats

This supposed tortitude is only one of many legends surrounding these beautiful felines.

Love Your Turtle Cat Hard! I had just recently remarried and my husband is allergic to cats or so he said, anyway he really does not like cats so was not happy that we had a new pet.

Description: The History of Tortoiseshell Cats Cats have always been surrounded by a veil of mystery and mysticism.

Views: 4814 Date: 18.05.2022 Favorited: 165 favorites
Category: DEFAULT

User Comments 3

Post a comment

My lineage is 97% Scot and thanks to the nth degree paternal grandmother that just had to get frisky with some bloody Limey, the remaining 3% is British and I come from a long line of Warrior Women.
If you can commit to giving them the necessary care, then a tortoiseshell Persian may be the cat for you!

Hot Categories

Latest Comments

    Tortoiseshell Cats are known to be extremely intelligent It is known that no two Tortoiseshell cats exhibit the exact similar personalities, or “tortitude”. After verifying with hundreds of “tortie” (short for tortoiseshell) cat humans, it can be concluded that this type of feline actually has a wide array of personality characteristics;
    By: airscottie|||||||||
    A tortoiseshell cat, also known as a tortie, is a cat born with a fur pattern resembling the mottled red and black tortoiseshell material. Even the paw pads might have some spotting. “Tortoiseshell” is usually reserved for multicolored cats that have rather small or no white markings.
    By: ecodweeb|||||||||
    A tortoise-shell cat is usually a female. Males are rare. Their coat and color is the result of genetics. True tortoise-shell cats have a two-toned color pattern. Their coats are a brindled blend of blacks and reds. Cats with big patches of white in the mix are calico cats.
    By: CatLover-meowmeow-|||||||||
    The Tortoiseshell cats are a female dominant breed. It is because the females have both the X chromosomes that are required to develop black, orange, and gold coloring. On the other hand, it is genetically impossible for a male cat to inherit a tortoiseshell pattern as ther is one X and one Y chromosome in their genes.
    By: CrazyBlock|||||||||
    Unless you get lucky and find one at the animal shelter, a tortie will cost you approximately $1000 to $2000. Also, the more distinct or striking the tortoiseshell color combination is, the more expensive the cat usually is. If the tortie is a male (or the ultra-rare fertile male), they can cost even more.
    By: AllJackedUpOnMtDew||||||||| - 2022
DISCLAIMER: All models on adult site are 18 years or older. has a zero-tolerance policy against ILLEGAL pornography. All galleries and links are provided by 3rd parties. We have no control over the content of these pages. We take no responsibility for the content on any website which we link to, please use your own discretion while surfing the porn links.
Contact us | Privacy Policy | 18 USC 2257 | DMCA